Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Jerusalem: Chronicles from the Holy City

Jerusalem: Chronicles from the Holy CityJerusalem: Chronicles from the Holy City by Guy Delisle

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I picked this one up by recommendation and for the sake of nostalgia; having lived in Israel for a number of years, it's always interesting to see and read what other people think about a culture that's very different from what we're used to.

Guy Delisle spent a year in Jerusalem, and the book is basically his experience from it. His wife is with the MSF (Médecins Sans Frontières/Doctors Without Borders), and he acts as a stay-at-home dad with their two kids. He explores Jerusalem and the rest of Israel, and finds a few strange things here and there. In particular, it is very interesting to read his perspective on the whole Israel/Palestine conflict.

It's written in comic form, and even though he doesn't necessarily try to be funny, there is some humor in there. Either way, it's a quick read, and well worth picking up to go through.



View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. Hi Borna, I liked your commentary and would be interested in getting this book. I hope it is available as an ebook, as it is very difficult to order books online and have it successfully arrive here to me in Laos. I hope you will reply soon! ~ kiyoko nanni, also served in Israel

    ReplyDelete