Friday, April 04, 2008

7. O SON OF MAN!

If thou lovest Me, turn away from thyself; and if thou seekest My pleasure, regard not thine own; that thou mayest die in Me and I may eternally live in thee.


I'm not sure how much more there is to say except for what's already written. isn't it quite clear what we have to do?

in regards to this, I talked with a friend of mine about the aspects of personal development. and simply put, there are two aspects of it:
1. doing less of the wrong thing.
2. doing more of the right thing.

obviously the two are interconnected, as doing more of the right will cause you to do less of the wrong, and vice versa. but it's a very interesting way of looking at things, and to look at oneself to see if one is progressing in the right direction. am I doing more good things? am I doing less wrong things? good questions to ask oneself every now and then.

No comments:

Post a Comment