Wednesday, August 13, 2008

it's been a while

a lot has happened in the past week, and it's been a bit too much other stuff going on at the same time as well, so I haven't really had time to write about it.

first of all, I finally cut my hair:


it had been almost exactly a year since I cut it last (august 21st 2007, the day before seeing the love of my life), and now it finally happened. I'm really happy about the results, and it's also really funny to see the reactions of other people when they see my hair. some even say that I look good! ;)

I finally also managed to go to the beach last weekend, after being here for almost 10 months. there'd been many times when a lot of people had gone, but I had just had other plans that constantly kept me from being able to go. well, I finally went and it was very much worth it. quite heavy waves (it was windy), and so nice.

we also made it out to Bahji afterwards, and it was a very special experience. since the Shrine and Mansion are closed for summer cleaning, we couldn't go inside. but it was still really nice to go in the evening and say prayers. and since not too many people were out there, it was quite a calm and relaxed setting. I took a shot which I really like:



in other news, there've been a few people leaving as of recently, so there's been a few activities with them, and also a few sad farewells. but that's how life is here, it goes on, and you eventually get used to it. but I'll definitely miss those people...

I also got convinced to get my own flickr page. will update with more of that later on...

No comments:

Post a Comment