Sunday, January 01, 2012

me, me, me, me version 2012

it's time for my annual wiki-borna check! let's see if anything has changed this year :)
same as last year:
  • Borna, a town in Saxony, Germany
  • A part of Bahretal in the Sächsische Schweiz district, Saxony, Germany
  • Borna disease, an infectious neurological syndrome caused by the Borna virus
  • The Rabha name of Borna snakehead - an extremely rare species of snakehead

  • updated:
  • Borna of Croatia, a Medieval Slavic Prince of Dalmatia. This one has been updated to refer to Croatian given names, as there is also a Borna Rendulić, a Croatian hockey player.

  • removed:
  • A Persian word meaning "young." Can also be used as a name. The Persian diction is "بر نا"

  • new:
  • Borna language in the Democratic Republic of the Congo - which apparently might just be a misspelling of the language Boma
  • Borna language in Ethiopia - which goes by the names Shinasha or Boro
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment