Monday, November 21, 2005

language

so here comes my problem with language... I'm not sure if I should write the report in swedish or english... both have their advantages and disadvantages, and I think it's best if I decide quite soon which one to go for. I'll line them up...
swedish
pros: it's my first language, so naturally it's easier for me to write. my tutor might also require me to write in swedish... (haven't talked to her yet). everything I do is to be used here in sweden, so all the communication will be in swedish, as well as the actual interface.
cons: most of the literature I will be reading will probably be in english, which means that I'll have to translate phrases and terms used, which might prove difficult.
english
pros: as said, many of the things I read will be in english, so I can quote them directly. I'll also have more people that can proofread it for me, as well as the possibility to show this report to others - it won't be limited only to sweden, and it could be of interest for others.
cons: my swedish is slightly better than my english, and I don't have as much experience in writing reports in english as I have writing in swedish...
what do you say? any comments/thoughts? I'd be happy to hear!

1 comment:

  1. I would say do it in english.. first for a selfish reason, I will be able to read it :)

    But also, I think you would want to reach more people/groups including those outside of Sweden. Your findings have the potential of impacting the way groups are conducted in the future.

    ReplyDelete