Thursday, November 17, 2005

focus group

as in any user-centered development process, it is very important to be able to see what the users want and need... luckily for me, there's gonna be a refresher course for all tutors this weekend, and most (if not all, not sure) regional coordinators will be there. after the end of the program on sunday, the plan is to get them together for a little chat and try to explain the point and purpose of it all, and also see what kinda needs and so they have for the upcoming interface. it's pretty much decided that my focus will be on them, as I probably won't lose out anything by "ignoring" the tutors... their needs are either way a subset of what the regional coordinators want, so no problems there. naturally, the national coordinator will be in the meeting as well...

so now I gotta prepare some questions. looked through the questions we had for our focus group in one of the uni courses, to see what kinda things we asked for. also gotta figure out what I want to get out of this session, as it probably will be one of the few that I will have them all gathered. will post the questions tomorrow.

I also checked on my mobile how much memory I have and need, to see if I can record it all. it would be good to be able to go back and see who said what, so I won't have to go crazy with my notes. usually there are two people conducting the focus group, one taking notes and the other moderating it. this time I'll have to do both myself... but it should be ok...

that's all for today, haven't done much else :)

meeting tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment