Sunday, February 03, 2008

wow, what a weekend!

so after having pancakes on friday, I went up to the office for some work (although I wasn't on schedule, so coming up at 10 was no problem). had a nice talk with a couple of people, and suddenly another guy comes in and wonders if we want pizza for lunch. how can I say no to that?
so ended up having pizza and great company for lunch, french toast for dinner, and worked quite a lot in between. oh, and not to mention the sun was shining while walking up in the morning. absolutely lovely. and in the evening we just relaxed at a friend's place, they'd started watching the new (?) turtles movie, so I saw the last half hour of it or so.

so come saturday... my flatmate and I decided to clean up our whole flat, so the day was more or less set aside for that. but first of all, there was the arts and crafts show of 2008. there's an amazing amount of talent here, and they had the chance of showing some of their creations - pottery, jewelry, paintings, pictures, handiwork, etc etc. it was really amazing to see! some of the stuff was available for sale, and I got a little something for myself as well...

on friday I had decided that since I was obviously going to spend a lot of time in my office, I wanted to make it more homely. I've brought up a few things from my flat, and also want to decorate it a bit more in general. I don't think I'll ever be completely done, but there will be a picture coming up soon. there might be a small surprise/shock for you :)

so after that I went home, and my flatmate had already started cleaning. I helped out, we fixed everything, and after about 4 hours total of work, it was spotless, clean, and beautiful. so we decided to mess it up by inviting a few people over for dinner...

mashed potatoes, fried chicken, onions, peaches and ice cream. really delicious. and a lot of dishes. but we took care of that, our visitors thanked for the dinner, and at 9 everyone was out. a bit early to go sleep, but not really in the mood to do anything major. what to do?

my flatmate made an excellent suggestion - say some prayers! it was a really nice feeling to sit there together and say prayers together, back and forth, for a while. created a really nice and calm atmosphere, and I felt really relaxed afterwards. we decided to try and do this as often as possible, but definitely make it a saturday tradition, to end the week, and I'm really looking forward to it.

all in all, I was feeling really happy about the weekend, everything was great. and then I cut my thumb while doing the dishes in the morning... :(

No comments:

Post a Comment