Monday, June 09, 2008

more books!

I thought I'd stopped reading literary novels for a while, but I've recently picked it up again. am more than halfway through a swedish one, men that hate women, and so far I like it. hoping to be able to finish it soon, and then continue...


... with the three other books I got today!

I got the kite runner and a thousand splendid suns, both by khaled hosseini. I've heard some really good things about the kite runner (and I suppose the movie was quite good as well?), so we'll see how it goes.

the other one I got is called in praise of slowness, which deals with the hectic society we live in. I suppose it is sort of a revolt against the stress that we all experience, trying to do everything quickly, and preferrably five things at the same time. we'll see if it's any good or not, I just bought it based on a few reviews here and there.

and we'll also see how long it takes me to finish these books, hopefully not too long!

No comments:

Post a Comment