Wednesday, June 18, 2008

random events happening again

I thought these random coincidences had stopped happening, after being almost five months since last time. this all happened the day before yesterday.

one of my friends whom I was on pilgrimage with last year, suddenly wrote to me and said "this and this person are here on pilgrimage right now". I checked up the list, and sure, they were here, but with two days to go, how would I ever be able to find them among 400 other pilgrims?

I asked her what they looked like, but went for the day before I got the reply. in the evening I went to the pilgrim talk, hoping that maybe I would be able to see them there. as the auditorium was full, I went and listened to the presentation via video link. now at the end of it, pilgrims were invited up to share experiences from their home communities. the second to last person happened to be one of the friends that I was looking for. however, since the camera was fixed upon the speaker, I couldn't see her, and when I asked another pilgrim friend that was there, he didn't remember what she looked like... after the talk, I tried looking at the pilgrims' name badges, to maybe have some major amount of luck. but no.

so I decided to go down with another group of people to just sit and chill at a café. after walking down the terraces, we join up with a group, bring a chair, and I sit down next to two pilgrims, a couple. we introduce ourselves, I ask them where they're from, and suddenly I just start shaking my head in disbelief. lo and behold, it's them! trying to look for them the whole evening didn't help, but suddenly sitting down at a random café, they're there! so I spent some time talking to them, until it was time to go home to sleep... :)

1 comment:

  1. ahhhh!!!! that's so cool!! SEE! it was just meant for you to meet Carla and Andy! how amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete