Friday, April 20, 2007

the monthly monthly, part 3

I've now lived here for three and a half months, and all in all, it feels good. I have some things that I definitely need to work on, and some things that I'm really happy about. I'll also write some stuff about the Fast, which ended a month ago...

cleaning
I'm glad I live alone and haven't invited all too many people over here... because I've been really bad at keeping things clean. dishes and vacuuming has been left too long to wait, and I've really felt bad about coming home to a complete mess. I have a slight excuse that things have been quite busy, but it still doesn't count as a valid enough excuse. I just need more discipline when it comes to it, because it's also affecting my mood and spirit. I've been really down when thinking about home (although I really love my bed!), so I have to make an effort to keep it up and good.

friends
since I'm living "in town", it's easier to invite people over. especially for football :) I've had people come over every now and then and it's been a lot of fun. that of course forces me to keep things clean, so I suppose that's good. season is almost over now, so not too many good games left. however, I suppose it *is* possible to invite people for other things...


now for my thoughts about fasting:

not eating
not really a problem at all. it was easier this year than previous years, and it is a bit surprising since I've been working at the same time. I thought it would be more difficult, but it's possible that working kept my mind busy and thinking of other things than food.

physically
since I was fasting, I didn't do as much sports as I usually do. almost no squash, and not all that much gym. this had the consequence that my body got to rest a bit, so now I have no pain in my legs, knees or shoulders, so I'm really happy about that.

spiritually
of course, there were occasions to talk about fasting and the Faith at work (quite many times I was asked if I wanted to come and have lunch with them). however, I did feel I could've focussed a bit more on myself and how to change things about myself and what to focus on. but I think I have a few new routines and such, so that's a good start. naturally things don't change overnight, but slowly, so it's getting somewhere...

No comments:

Post a Comment