Tuesday, April 17, 2007

more than just a sport...

I don't usually write too much here about football, but this time around I have to. people often ask me what's so interesting about looking at 22 guys running after a ball, and don't really see any joy or pleasure in it.

to me, it's different. simply put, it's beautiful. it's art. watching arsenal's game today, even the commentators were simply stunned by how beautifully they played, passing the ball around, hardly letting the opponents touch it. that's what I like about it, creating beautiful plays and really enjoying things on the pitch.

and also, it's one of the very few things that can make me completely forget about anything else. regardless of how I'm feeling, what I'm thinking about or how things are going, whenever I go out to play, I am completely and 100% focused on playing. and I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment