Friday, January 25, 2008

trust your instincts...

... drink sprite?

no, that's not what this post is about... but there's a book called blink, that deals with trusting instinct and making split-second decision, through "thin-slicing" pieces of information and quickly making a decision. it's a really interesting book, well worth reading and thinking about how it affects you and the decisions you make.

now, why is this relevant? well, it's an issue I've been struggling with now... I'm evaluating two pieces of software, and like one more than the other. both have good qualities and functions, the other one even perhaps slightly better, but I just like the first one more and seem to enjoy working with it more...

how well can I trust my instincts? because it's a bit difficult to base quite a big decision on it, saying "I just felt like this one was the better", even though in the end it might've been the right decision. have to keep on evaluating and testing, and try to be detached and unbiased. it's difficult.

1 comment: