Wednesday, July 09, 2008

quadruple-Bahji, chill evening, finished book

it's been a while since I wrote anything here... mostly because there hasn't been much interesting to share, and I'm not really in the mood to do too much thinking either, it seems.

but the weekend produced a series of experiences in Bahji that I will remember for a long time. on friday afternoon I got to go out there and spend some time in the Shrine, something that I very much needed. since most people work on thursday afternoons, I got to be more or less by myself. it is quite amazing to be able to experience that, and a memory that will stay with me for a long time. here's a shot from that afternoon:



the next day we had youth prayers out there. this is a time when nine people are selected to say prayers out loud in the Shrines, with all the youth inside too. just as there's a special feeling of being alone inside, there's also something special about being so many youth inside, all praying together and it's a great bounty to be able to be a part of it.

a few hours later, I volunteered in security, out in Bahji again. being around the Shrines at night, with absolutely no one else around is indescribable. standing just outside at 1.30 taking pictures is... quite something else:


the shift was nice and calm, which felt kinda nice. nothing too much to worry about :) and here's a shot from quite early in the morning:


after the shift, I took a shower and went for dawn prayers. although I didn't have much time, it was another special moment. and the end to a weekend that I will long remember.


although that wasn't it, I also managed to get my hair done:


finally got the corn rows I wanted. soon it's time to cut ;)


with such a hectic weekend coming to a close, and the other evenings being quite filled up, I decided to take a very chill evening yesterday. I went home after work, my flatmates were just on their way out, so no one else was home. as I had gotten a few books, I decided to finish one of them, in praise of slowness. somewhere in between I cooked and ate, while reading about 150 pages or so. the book in itself presents an interesting concept, slowing down in a society of ever-increasing speed, but in my opinion doesn't present too good of a case for it. I found it to be a bit too much general stuff and facts for each section (food, work, studying, sex, raising children, etc) with a bit of a personal story, but that's it. some of the suggestions and tips require way too much money, whereas others are more or less common sense. I like the concept in itself, and have taken a bit of a more control of how much and what I do, the book left a bit more to wish for.

all in all, quite some hectic times :)

No comments:

Post a Comment