Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Turning Pro

Turning ProTurning Pro by Steven Pressfield

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I'm hesitating between 3 and 4 starsl for this one, as I'd ideally put it more at 3.5, but this will do. Turning Pro is the state where you decide that you don't want to be an amateur anymore in whatever creative endeavor you are undertaking, but actually want to be serious in your commitment. It reads similarly to the War of Art, short chapters of personal stories interspersed with recommendations/statements of how a true pro acts.

It's a quick read, and a fair amount of stuff to pick up from. But it's too similar to The War of Art for me, and feels mostly like a continuation that isn't too particularly necessary to read or know. At the same time though, it's something that's definitely worth reading if just as a push to actually take the step and turn pro.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment