Wednesday, March 15, 2006

new, rather exciting stuff!

don't really remember what I did yesterday, but I'm sure it was good... [edit:] oh, I updated the database with information about old study circles and so, and also updated the links in the statistics to point to them. I added the pyramid in the cluster report and also added a bit of information about the clusters, so the coordinators can see and feel part of a whole. this is something that was asked for in the evaluations.
today I started working on a "report interest" function, which had been asked for in the design workshop but I wasn't really sure how to do it. this far, it seems to be working well, though of course no one has reported any interest, as it just came up and no one is aware of it, yet. the system automatically tries to match possible new study circles depending on reported interest on book, cluster, and available times. when a possible circle is found (3 or more interests), it lists all free tutors in the cluster, and the coordinator can mail him/her. quite neat function! :)
added a couple of new presentations to the links and documents section today, and also finished all the include statements for the menus, so now I won't have to manually edit each and every file whenever I make a change to the menus and links... that's gonna be good for the future.
the mail function works now, but is not 100% available, still a bit hidden. but it's possible to send mails from the system to all tutors, coordinators, and a few others... useful!
oh, I also found out a way to speed up the system a bit with my redirects... that's gonna be tomorrow's work.

No comments:

Post a Comment