Monday, October 08, 2007

good bye party!

had my little good bye party on saturday evening, and it turned out really well. there were about 40 people there, of varying ages and that I knew from different places. we had some lovely food and cakes and sweets (thank you mom!), and no planned program at all. there simply wasn't room for it, the best thing was to just let people talk and mingle. and I would say it turned out quite well...

here's a picture of how we had set the table:


as you can see there wasn't space for more than about 20 people to sit at a time, so some people were standing and talking/eating, and some even went outside (mainly the kids to play football... ;))

the evening went on well, some people brought me gifts (thank you!), and some didn't (thank you!). those who had asked, I had told I didn't want anything, mainly because there's so little space to bring extra stuff with me, so those who brought me presents were all very thoughtful. small things, a few books, some chocolate (yummy!) and then the best gift I could ever wish for:


an argentinean football shirt with the signature of the love of my life, lionel messi, on the back, and javier saviola on the front. I was unbelievably happy when I got it, never thought my friend would give this one away...

too bad for everyone else, this was pretty much the first gift I got, so they didn't really have too much of a chance in the competition for best present ;)

to everyone that came: thank you very much for your presence! I really appreciated it a lot, and I hope you had a good time too!

click for the gallery

2 comments:

  1. Oh dear mother of god, you have the signature on LIONEL MESSI:OOOOOO

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are sooo lucky to have el Lionel Messi's signature:O!

    ReplyDelete