Tuesday, December 11, 2007

there is always a choice

in our interactions with people, we always have a choice of what to say. often the choice is between a sarcastic or nice/encouraging response. sarcasm might be fun for the person saying it, but might not always be taken well by the recipient (or the others around). and it is also important to remember these words:

"Verily I say, the tongue is for mentioning what is good, defile it not with unseemly talk."
- Bahá'u'lláh -


"A kindly tongue is the lodestone of the hearts of men. It is the bread of the spirit, it clotheth the words with meaning, it is the fountain of the light of wisdom and understanding."
- Bahá'u'lláh -

I have personally not been the best person at this, but I'm trying to make myself aware of it more, so hopefully I'll be a bit nicer in the future... :)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this post, it's a real eye-opener

    ReplyDelete