Sunday, December 09, 2007

ideas

we all have ideas. some are good, some are bad. the others are mine...

I managed to have two horrible ideas in one week, and I kinda hope it's over now. first bad idea concerns my laundry. wednesday is my laundry day, and since I hadn't done any laundry the week before, I had a bit more than usual. I asked my flatmate if he had anything he wanted me to wash for him, so I got a little bit extra there too. and mind you, I don't do laundry close to home, I do it at my workplace. so, it's a 15 minute walk up-hill, with a lot of laundry, and then another 15 minute walk back down. quite heavy, and quite tiring.

now mind you, that's nothing compared to what happened on friday. my officemate had told me the day before about her experience of walking in pouring rain in akka, I kinda laughed at her experience and we both found it funny. little did I know I was going to experience it myself...
I stayed the night there (thank you p diddy!), got up to get going to the Shrine. it's pretty much the middle of the day, and it's a bit cloudy and windy. I stop up to look at the sea, because it's so beautiful:


(yeah, this picture doesn't really capture it...)

so I start walking, it's a 40-minute walk to go meet up a friend and then together go to the Shrine in Bahji. it starts dripping a bit, I get my umbrella, and think that it's all good. rain picks up, wind picks up, and next thing I know I'm beginning to 1. regret walking, 2. remember my officemate's story. I didn't catch a cab, which I probably should've, so in the end I'm left with
1. completely soaked pants, shoes and socks (felt like walking in a puddle)
2. a slightly chilling feeling
3. a laughing officemate
4. a funny story (maybe? you decide.)

unfortunately I didn't take a pic of myself, but luckily I got to borrow a pair of shoes and socks, and then felt at least decent enough to go to the Shrine. and then of course it also rained pretty much whenever I was outside while there... God has a funny sense of humor :)

what can I say? this will naturally be pic of the week, as it reminds me of my little experience :)

No comments:

Post a Comment