Monday, January 16, 2006

first section done!

three pages about the ISO standard 13407... was more than I thought it would be...
currently these are the sections I will have in my background:
    2. Background – user-centered design
    2.1. ISO standard 13407
    2.1.1. Understanding and specifying the context of use
    2.1.2. Specifying the user and organizational requirements
    2.1.3. Producing design solutions
    2.1.4. Evaluating designs against requirements
    2.2. Participatory design/Scandinavian model
    2.3. Contextual design
    2.4. Key notes for user-centered design
    3. Background – distant groups
I think this will be long enough... the report is available to read, here (can also be found from the link on the right). hope to finish it by friday... am a bit worried about the distant groups and what to write there... might even skip it if I deem the rest to be enough.
edit: depending on what I write in sections 2.2-2.4, I might change 3 into a general thing about methods of user-centered design, which has a bit more practical info on how to go about. this would naturally include methods such as the focus group and my design workshop... otherwise I might have to have another section about that...

    No comments:

    Post a Comment