Wednesday, January 11, 2006

good design

what is good design? 2005 was the design year in sweden and apparently in norway too, so they had a small exhibition about some award-winning designs at the airport. here's an interesting paragraph which I found there on my way back home...
“Good design improves our everyday lives, by simplifying communication and creating products and solutions that are developed with our needs and wants in mind. Good design improves our everyday lives and creates clarity from clutter.
Good design solves problems, contributes to the effective use of resources, creates more functional solutions, unique experiences, and more effective communication.”
will probably use this somewhere in the introduction of my report, which I've started writing a little bit on today... nothing much, just trying to make an outline and bring up some of the points that I would like to have.

2 comments:

  1. nice saying... hope you have the author's name so you can give proper credit!

    (and just how do you reference something you saw hanging on a wall? Graffiti? *giggle*)

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, I have a picture of it, so I will just refer to that, and probably attach it as an appendix in my report. it should be good enough, I hope :)

    ReplyDelete