Friday, June 08, 2007

a few short notes on pilgrimage

going on pilgrimage is a very personal, spiritual and, in many ways, life-changing experience. it is very difficult to explain it in words... but I will try anyways. with 10 days of experiences to share, it might take a bit of time to go through it all. hopefully I will be able to write it up in 5 posts (2 days per post).

I cannot say that my life has completely changed, but I have definitely been able to change the focus on some things. one of the most challenging things is to keep the spirit of pilgrimage up, as the instant I left sight of the Shrines, buildings and terraces, I felt that something within me faded just so slightly. no wonder that everyone who goes there instantly wants to go back, and I'm in no ways different...

pilgrimage is a time of prayer and meditation, joy and laughter, experiences and surprises. and I can assure you there was plenty of it all. stay tuned for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment