Friday, June 08, 2007

no, I don't want to know the color of your bra!

back in stockholm, and the weather is just lovely. ~25 or so degrees, and sunshine. virtually not a cloud in the sky all day, and lots of people outside walking and enjoying their time. naturally, warmer weather means less clothing, and there comes something that I find annoying...

girls are showing more skin than clothes, more cleavage than face (huge sunglasses are apparently the "in" thing nowadays), and I don't know who finds it nice... they're showing their bras, underwears, and whatnot, and I'd much rather be without seeing any of that. sure, it might be attractive to see some parts of girls, but if any of those were my girlfriend, I'd send them right back into the closet to put on some proper clothing. it *is* possible to look good in the summer while still wearing clothes and looking decent, just seems a lot of people have problems doing that.

two quotations by Baha'u'llah seem very relevant:

"Such must be their state that their eyes should behold the evidences of His might, their tongues and hearts make mention of His name, their feet be set towards the lands of His nearness, and their hands take fast hold upon His precepts. And were they to pass through a valley of pure gold and mines of precious silver, they should regard them as wholly unworthy of their attention."

"Let your eye be chaste, your hand faithful, your tongue truthful and your heart enlightened."

as for the guys, I'm not interested in seeing what kinda color they have on their boxers either... it's not that hard to pull up a pair of pants or use a belt, is it?

I'm not saying people should walk around wearing burkas, no need for that, but just dress properly. it's much more appropriate, and sometimes it's what you don't see that's attractive.

2 comments:

  1. She might leave you .... But I agree completely and am happy that a young person wrote this. When I would say so, people say it has to do with my generation.
    Even though bare-chested men are rather much accepted I think they too are too naked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. she may leave me for all I care - that's not the kind of girl I'd want to have in the long term.

    ReplyDelete