Tuesday, June 19, 2007

workout schedule

so football is taking a 4 week summer break, and we've been ordered to keep up a bit by ourselves during this time. this is after the fitness test that we had. turns out the average of our team was 12.35 on 3 km (I did it in 11.40), which I suppose is quite okay.

so to maintain (or improve?) our fitness levels, we were given "individual training programmes". in these four weeks, I'm going to do these options at least 6 times (I'm free to choose whichever whenever I want):

  1. "speed game", 35-45 minutes. constantly changing speed. relatively low base speed with repeated bursts. I choose myself when and how the speed changes, switch between short and longer speed bursts.
  2. interval, about 30 minutes. 5 minutes of jogging, and then 20 minutes of intervals, 80% of my maximum. 40 seconds of running, then jogging for 20 seconds, and repeat. jog down for the last 5 minutes.
  3. long distance. 30-45 minutes of jogging, about 60-70% intensity.
not sure which one I'll choose... I kinda liked my own schedule of sprints of 2*(6*50), 5 km and another 6*50, I hope it's ok if I choose to do that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment