Friday, March 02, 2007

expect the unexpected!

I'm a strong believer in the concept of fun, regardless of where you are and what you're doing. if you're having fun, chances are you'll be doing a better job. therefore, I have tried to incorporate unexpected events and things at whatever I do at work.

for example, for one project I'm working on, when showing people that have recruited their friends, I could've gone with a simple sign like a * or perhaps a simple image of a handshake. instead, inspired by this post about creating passionate users, I chose these incredibly cute guys: . so what happens? people smile when they see them, and it makes their work a bit more enjoyable.

there are of course limitations to everything. if the product isn't working well and I've put a lot of time and energy into making these small quirks, it would be bad prioritizing. however, if things are working as they should and it has these additional mood-lifting images and features, it helps to make the users happier about what they use.

I probably have some more surprises coming up... ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment