Tuesday, March 06, 2007

léon!

I have finally seen léon! this was the very first movie I downloaded (*cough, cough*) when I got broadband, which was about 7 or so years ago... I've had it ever since, transferring it between my computers, but never gotten around to watching it. it's been on tv a couple of times, but I've always noticed halfways through it and there hansn't been much of a point to watch it from there. and of course, everyone has been telling me that I have to watch it.

well, it finally happened yesterday evening. took my dinner, put on the movie, and sat and watched it. had a two hour phone break, or technically two one hour phone breaks, but still didn't lose too much because of it.

the movie in itself is really, really good. got you captured right from the start and almost all the way up until the end. it's fun to see a very, very young natalie portman (the movie is from '94) and of course the ever impressive jean reno. it's of course quite bloody as reno is a professional hitman, but I'd say it's a lot cleaner than many other action movies. and the interaction between the two is very interesting to see. two hours long, but really doesn't feel like it, it just goes very quickly.

I like the way luc besson uses all possible scenographical tools such as camera angles and views, music, lighting, etc to give a very suggestive mood to the whole movie. it is a true masterpiece, and something that everyone should definitely see. now I can finally say that too!

favorite quote:
- this... is... from... mathilda
- ........ shit.

and of course, the ending music is shape of my heart by sting... I love it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment