Friday, May 18, 2007

death on two legs!

yesterday was my first football practice for more than 10 years, and indeed I can feel it in my legs. don't think I've ever ran so much during so long, constantly.

but the training session was good, didn't really feel like I was too far behind the others. the only thing missing is a bit physical stuff, both stamina and speed. I scored a nice goal on volley in one of the exercises, and also a nice lob when we played (was meant as a cross, but don't tell anyone!). was put at left back, not really my natural position, but I think I did quite okay...

and afterwards the coach something along the lines of "pretty good for having played only amateur games for so long", so I guess that's a compliment :)

he told me to come to the next practices as well, and then we'll see what happens. so at least I'm not out, and it was a lot of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment