Thursday, July 12, 2007

dance movies

I have now seen three dance movies (bring it on two years ago, honey last week and step up yesterday) that I can remember. one thing they have in common strikes me: the plots leave a lot to wish for.

while the dance scenes are really cool to watch, it seems as if they have forgotten that there needs to be something more to it. I'm surprised that it is possible to make action movies that have good action and good stories, here they only manage to have great dance moves and sequences, but nothing else.

honey seemed to only have jessica alba, and step up had absolutely no moments of intensity or a second of excitement. bring it on I don't remember...

3 comments:

  1. IIIIIIIIIIIDJET who CARES about storyline when you watch alba shake it!!! tsk tsk you are missing the WHOLE PLOT ITSELF DUDE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recommend "Take the Lead", it's not all that different (the plot), but at least it has Antonio Banderas. (!) And a bit of humour too. :) Well, I liked it best.
    And if you're interested in dance moves and absoluteley NO story, then watch "You Got Served".

    Plus "Billy Elliot", serious plot and serious dancing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, forgot... "Rize" and "Save the Last Dance". You must have seen that?

    ReplyDelete