Tuesday, July 31, 2007

jetlag?

I don't see the issue people have with jetlag when traveling. both on the way to canada and back, I had absolutely no problems adjusting. already the first night I slept at normal hours. how I did it? simple: little sleep.

going there, I slept 2 hours the night before, and only one hour on the plane. had a full day, and ended up going to sleep at 11.30 pm local canadian time, which meant that I had been up for about 25 hours. woke up at 9.30, and had no problems the rest of the time, though I felt slightly dizzy at times the first two days.

the way back was something similar. slept 3 hours the night before, had quite a full day (going to the House of Worship outside of chicago), and then slept 5h on the plane to london. when I got back home, I slept at 10.30 and got up at 6.30, after this bizarre day. went to work the day after, no problems!

2 comments:

  1. It could be easier when you're young. It took one of the elderly ladies (from the USA) I met on our pilgrimage in the Holy Land a couple of days to understand where she was and what she was doing there. A bit overdoing from my side maybe, but it was really hard.
    How's your pink doing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. interestingly enough, it seems older people have an easier time:
    the wiki page on jetlag cites this paper and there they seem to have found that younger people suffer worse.

    the pinky is slowly recovering... it'll take a while.

    ReplyDelete