Sunday, July 01, 2007

some funny sport-related stuff

I'm not sure if this can even be called a sport, but it's for sure hilarious. one of the pilgrims mentioned a sport similar to rugby that indians play, and so I just had to check it out when I got here. now, I just found it, and it's as funny as I got it explained. the name of the game is kabaddi, and basically makes no sense at all. the teams take turns sending a guy over to the other side, where they have four people linked up in a chain. now, the point is for this guy to "tag" one of those in the chain, and then run back without getting caught. the other team tries every possible mean to wrestle him down and stop him from running back. it's hilarious, check it out:



next, myfootballclub.co.uk gives its members the chance to buy and manage a football club. when they have 50000 members, each is asked to pay £35 (about $70 or €52) and then vote for which club to buy. everything is then voted upon by the members, from how to use the money, which players to buy and sell, which formation to use, who to play, etc. it's like playing football manager, but it's the real thing. and together with 50000 others. it sounds like a really interesting idea I must say.

they're already up to 40279 registrations in only two months, although I expect some to drop out once the request for money comes. almost that I am consider paying just to see how it works out...

and lastly, volleyball just has to be one of the most beautiful sports to watch...

No comments:

Post a Comment