Saturday, March 01, 2008

fasting time

tomorrow marks the first day of the month of fasting. it's going to be special this time around again, being in the Holy Land and fasting together with 700 other people. I've fasted together with my family, by myself last year, and this time around it will be special again. I have decided to try to read God Passes By during this time, which is an historical account of the first 100 years of the Bahá'í Faith, from 1844-1944. an average of 20 pages a day should be more than possible. I'm not sure what I'll be doing in the evenings, as things will be a bit more free during this time. maybe some more reading there too...

and to fill up a bit from the quotations from last year, here are three short ones:

"Blessed is the one who through the heat generated by the Fast increaseth his love, and who, with joy and radiance, ariseth to perform worthy deeds."

"Fasting and obligatory prayer are as two wings to man's life. Blesed be the one who soareth with their aid in the heaven of the love of God, the Lord of all worlds."

"Verily, I say, fasting is the supreme remedy and the most great healing for the disease of self and passion."

Here are the provisions in the Aqdas on the Fast, and article on bahai.org about the Fast

No comments:

Post a Comment