Saturday, August 25, 2007

calmness

this is my first calm day since last saturday, and it feels good. there's just been a lot to do and go to, so I've been busy, but not stressed. but still need some time to just relax and take it easy. managed to do my dishes now at least...

I'm probably going to try to do a google earth overview of this week later on, because it's been just crazy. the highlight was naturally on wednesday, when I went to norway to see norway - argentina and the "love of my life" - lionel (leo) messi:


he's the kinda guy that really makes me enjoy watching football, because he's always trying to go forward, creating something positive and creative with his style of play. there's rarely a time where he looks back and just makes a safe pass. and that's what I like about him, really makes me happy to see him play. and I think it seems he enjoys to play a lot too.

the game in itself wasn't that good, but it was great to see some of my favorite players live. it was definitely worth it, even though argentina lost 2-1. walking home, I took a picture of the really nice sky:



my ticket:


and the obligatory self-picture:



my friend was probably one of the happiest there. he went with his family to the players' hotel, and got to take pictures together with the argentinean players - messi, saviola, zanetti etc... I can tell you they were quite happy about it! he also met up with the president of the world organization for peace which uses football as a tool for promoting peace. he gave this huge flag to put up at the stadium:



it's huuuuuuuge! and I hope it could be seen from the other side, and hopefully also got shown on tv.

all in all, I was really happy about everything that day, from the barbeque, meeting up with people and the game in itself. only got three hours of sleep that night (had to fly back home and straight to work), but it was so worth it. you can see all the pictures here.

No comments:

Post a Comment