Friday, August 10, 2007

spiderpig, spiderpig!

I just saw simpsons the movie and it was much better than I had actually expected, even though I had heard from quite a few that it was good. I was not even planning on seeing it, but then I saw the trailer a while ago and was laughing, so naturally I had to see it. and I'm not disappointed.

it starts out well, with bart's "I will not illegally download this movie" and keeps up with the insightful, ironic hints towards current events, society, religion and people in general. some jokes crack you up, some it seemed I was the only one to get (eg the boxer hitting the dome "under the belt"). but all in all it's a really good movie, not too long (87 mins), and not too much of a story. it's like a longer episode with a lot more jokes.

and if you haven't seen it yet, stick around through the credits to hear the springfield national anthem!

"sequel", anyone? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment