Saturday, February 10, 2007

football coach!

juan (a good friend) and I just got offered coaching a football team earlier today. the boys are 11-12 years old, and just went over to 11-man teams. it's of course a big challenge, we've never been doing any real coaching, but it's sure going to be a lot of fun. we both love football, we think very much alike, and we love working together. I have no idea how good they are or what kind of kids they are, but our goal is to have fun, make them a good group and good people, and of course try to improve the football skills. maybe we'll get far?

I must say I'm really excited about this, and I think we can make up for our lack of coaching skills by our love and knowledge of football and also our genuine interest in people and their personal development. we have to combine discipline with creativity, order with chaos, and fun with some more fun. it's gonna be great, and I'll probably be writing a lot about this. hope you won't be bored! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment