Saturday, February 17, 2007

phone salesmen

there are a lot of people calling with different offers and whatnot. as I'm renting 2nd hand, I'm not really able to accept any of the deals, but it doesn't mean I can't have fun with them. generally when they call, they're looking for rebecca, and I tell them she's not home at the moment (true). they ask me when she'll be back and I say I don't know (true), though I don't tell them that it might take a couple of months, hehe... so they say they'll call back later, and that's okay with me. more fun for me ;-)

so here are two experiences:

a girl from a phone compan calls and talks about how to lower my phone costs. since I usually have a hard time saying no right from the start (and I don't want to be rude and just hang up on them), I let her talk. she goes on for about 2-3 minutes telling me how it will be cheaper to call to mobiles, to friends, etc etc, and ask me if I'd be interested in changing my current plan. I politely tell her no, and I guess she's used to that. next she asks me if I can tell her why I'm not interested, and I think for a while... and just say no. she sounds a bit surprised, and on top of that I start laughing... did feel a bit mean, but hey, it was fun :)

next one happened just recently. they call from svenska dagbladet (morning paper), and offer it to me for 6 months, for "free". the only cost would be distribution cost, which would be 4 kr a day, a total of somewhere around 750 kr. that's not really what I call for free. after he's done with the offer and asks what I think, I simply tell him I work at aftonbladet and have free access to the paper there. case closed.

No comments:

Post a Comment