Monday, February 12, 2007

the monthly monthly

so here are my thoughts about my time here this far. I guess I'll try to make them periodical (pun intended).

cooking
I made a mean chicken filet today. the rice wasn't equally as good, but still not too bad. I usually cook 2 portions (sometimes 3), so I can cook basically every other day and have enough food to go around. saves me from a lot of trouble and of course gives me more time to do other things. my breakfasts aren't all that varied though... bread, cheese, tuna, sometimes ham, sometimes jam... some more points:
  • having a rice cooker is cheating (I don't)
  • gas stove/oven takes a bit time to get used to
  • I have yet to eat dinner outside due to being too lazy to cook
  • bringing some food from mom and dad helps a lot

    cleaning/dishes
    I don't clean nearly as much as I wish I did. I've been keeping myself busy with other things that haven't really been as important as cleaning is. (though I think to myself they are.) dishes haven't been that bad, it doesn't take all that long if I do it regularly. I've taught myself to always rinse my plates, glasses, utensils and whatnot with a bit of water if I don't wash them right away. saves me from a lot of trouble.

    living alone
    not really that bad. I have my computer(s), I have friends here and there, and I have the phone. silence isn't bad at all, and it's of course a huge advantage being so close to work (7 min walk). though I don't mind ppl visiting :)

    laundry
    no problem.

    money
    I'm not really sure yet, but I think I'm within my budget frame. I'm trying to avoid all unnecessary costs for the first two months or so, just to see how much I do spend a month. it's good to keep track for further knowledge.

    neighbors
    who? I've only seen one or two of them in the stairs... I hear a baby crying every now and then, but that's only if I'm really close to the door and try to listen.


    and when it comes to the title of this post, it is of course from one of omid djalili's jokes. you can see it here:



    and if you don't think it's funny, I'm sorry, but it's actually very, very funny. ;)
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment