Monday, February 05, 2007

work

let's start with what I'm doing. I work at aftonbladet (check link to the right), which is sweden's largest paper, and second most visited site (only msn.se is bigger) in sweden. as one of the employees "just" (mid-december) had a baby, I'm a stand-in for her. she'll be gone for 10 months, so I'll be there for at least that time and then I suppose we'll see what happens afterwards. hopefully they'll want me to stay afterwards as well. during the interview they said the chances are big, as they're continuously growing, so I'm hopeful :)

I'm basically a programmer/developer, and working on different projects here and there, depending on what is most needed. I've already worked on two projects (one finished and another running), and started on another last week. both will probably be ongoing for quite a while...

can't really tell too much about the projects, but they're quite varied, I must say. java and php/mysql, jsp/javascript, etc etc. one has been starting from scratch, the other just a slight modification/addition and the third one refreshing, fixing and updating. it's challenging, but I'm learning a lot.

and I must also say that I really love the people I'm working with. a lot of fun, a lot of laughter, and jokes. the atmosphere is extremely nice and it feels like I've already gotten to know them, even after only being there for two months. Looks promising for the future :)

No comments:

Post a Comment