Sunday, February 18, 2007

sunday training session

so after getting lost and getting picked up, I finally got to the football. since I was the only one of us there (sick/exam), I had to conduct the whole training session by myself, with 15 kids, for two hours. I had one of the former coaches there, who helped me out with different things. very useful.

the training went well, had to come up with a few things on the fly, and of course I don't know them that well yet. there's some quality in the kids, but since they're still young, there's a lot to work on. hopefully they'll keep their enthusiasm, because it's a team with a lot of potential. there was a guy that was thinking of changing teams, but now at least I got him to hesitate. I'm hopeful that he stays :)

had a short talk after the training with them and explained our thoughts and ideas, and that it's up to them how good they want to be. they can cheat as much as they want to during the exercises, but they're the ones losing out in the end. we give them the opportunity to train, but it's only through their own efforts. makes me think of this quotation:

"... All that which ye potentially possess can, however, be manifested only as a result of your own volition. Your own acts testify to this truth."

(Bahá'u'lláh, Gleanings, p. 149)

good thing to remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment