Monday, September 03, 2007

world championships

I don't know if it has escaped anyone out there that the world championships in athletics have been going on. the afternoons at work have been spent watching the finals, and especially the swedes we've been watching together.

what brought me most joy was actually something I heard about after the actual gold. nelson évora, world champion in triple jump, turns out to be a Baha'i from portugal. and not only that, his coach is the father of my friend. so cool! check more here.


in other news, I got up early this morning again to play football for work. was tired, but still decided in the end that since I've said I'm coming, I should go. luckily the other team were one man short, so we were able to dominate quite easily and win 4-1. scored the two first goals, got the freekick for the third, and had an assist to the fourth. quite a good start to the day!

came to work in the weirdest "outfit" today... football shoes on my feet, carrying a laptop in one arm, squash racket in the other. wearing just a t-shirt, and the sweater hanging over my shoulder, together with a backpack. I felt so out of everything :)

No comments:

Post a Comment