Sunday, September 02, 2007

I came, I played...

... we conquered. my first game today, played for the reserve team. we actually met the league leaders (we're second), but they weren't any good at all... I started on the bench (no big surprise), and got brought in after about half on hour. got to play on the left wing, and I guess in general I was a bit too eager/excited, as I ran on pretty much everything that came (and didn't come) my way. the score was 1-1, we had equalized after an early goal by them, and were pretty much dictating play.

with the last kick of the first half, we score a goal. I'm over on the right wing (!), get a pass from a nutmeg, 1-2 with another guy, pass it to one of our midfielders who's made a run into the penalty box. he drops the ball back, and one of our strikers beautifully places it in the bottom corner. lovely goal :)

second half is ours, but I only manage to play for about 25 minutes before I'm too tired. gotta be a bit more careful and judge better what I run on. I should've scored about one minute into it as I get a nice pass from the right side and try to slide it in with my backheel instead of just taking it with my foot and chipping it over the keeper. you play, you learn...

I got to take the corners from the right, first one turned out to be quite dangerous, and the second one resulted in a goal, 2nd assist there too :)

all in all, I was happy to play, and I think it went quite okay. playing as winger is really tough, especially if you try to run up and down and be involved in everything. I have to be more wise in the future. let's see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment