Friday, September 21, 2007

triple bourne

in some strange turn of events, I managed to see three movies in three days - bourne identity, bourne supremacy and bourne ultimatum. the first two were on tv, saturday and sunday, but on different channels, so that was quite surprising. the third one I naturally had to go to the movies to see the day after, since I was already so much into it.

the whole movie is about jason bourne, played by matt damon, who wakes up with a completely blank memory, and has no idea who he is. as he goes on, he realizes that he implicitly knows a lot of things related to combat, survival, etc: "I can tell you the license plate numbers of all six cars outside. I can tell you that our waitress is left-handed and the guy sitting up at the counter weighs two hundred fifteen pounds and knows how to handle himself. I know the best place to look for a gun is the cab of the gray truck outside, and at this altitude, I can run flat out for a half mile before my hands start shaking. Now why would I know that? How can I know that and not know who I am?"

the three movies are essentially about him trying to find out who he is, why he knows all these things, what he has been doing and then trying to make up for it. I really liked the movies, as it manages to keep the excitement throughout. and jason, the "good guy", is doing bad things, but since one identifies with him, you never think of him as a bad guy. the movies are very intelligent, with twists and turns all the way. the third movie seemed very good to me, probably the best one, although that could be because I saw it in the movies and the others on tv.

I really recommend everyone to see the movies. not so much for any sort of lesson or morale of it, but for the excitement and action. 6 good hours of entertainment!

1 comment:

  1. funny to see your post, as i am checking my feeds while watching bourne identity on the television. and i agree with you they are really good movies. i think i will buy the triology when its available...

    ReplyDelete