Sunday, September 09, 2007

monthly monthly

here comes another one of those, a few days late, but not so bad.

best before dates
when it comes to food, these are like speed limits in traffic - merely a recommendation. one or two days extra is usually not so bad, especially when it comes to yoghurt and stuff. although I usually only buy stuff that I'm going to use in the upcoming 2-3 days, so in that way I stay safe.

bouncing sleep
I've constantly been jumping up and down in my sleeping patterns for the past few weeks. with squash and football early in the mornings, and sometimes football late in the evening, it's been hard to keep up. I've had to catch up quite often, taking early nights just to make sure I don't get ill. but it should get better now, a few more free evenings during the week means that I'll be able to sleep and organize things a bit better.

future
"There is nothing that brings success in the Faith like service. Service is the magnet which draws the divine confirmations..."
my contract at work runs out in three weeks, and after months of speculation (ok, maybe not ;)), it's finally done and ready where I'm headed - to israel for 2.5 years of service at the Baha'i World Centre. I will be serving at the information services department, not exactly sure what I'll be working with, but computer related.
I'm very excited about it, it'll be a very developing time there, and an opportunity to get to know a lot of people and experience many different cultures. I will definitely post more about it later, for now here's a link. I'm leaving in the end of october.
I will be moving out of my own place the weekend 29-30th, and back to my parents. will have about three weeks to pack and get ready, and then I'll be off.
hopefully I'll be able to keep stuff updated on my blog, and take lots of pictures to put up. it's so increadibly wonderful there, so I'm sure there'll be a lot to show and tell.

goodbye party
leaving naturally leads us to saying good bye to people. to make things easier for me, I decided to throw a party and invite literally everyone. saturday 6th of october at 6 pm back home at my parents' place. if you can read this, you're invited, just let me know you're coming. it's not going to be a sad occasion, but a happy one. there will be food, some sort of program, and no football at all. I'll have my camera around, take lots of pictures, and force people to take at least one "self-shot". it's going to be great fun, I hope as many people as possible are able to come :)

No comments:

Post a Comment