Monday, September 17, 2007

weekend update

started out by finding out that my cable modem spontaneously broke down. yay for technology! so no internet at home at the moment, but they're going to send it so I should have it soon again...

have had a cold since wednesday, so skipped football and squash thursday-friday. stayed at home on saturday, and cooked what turned out to be some delicious rice. only problem was that I couldn't smell it :(

was looking forward to another calm day at home on sunday with some football, but turned out to be anything but. the reserve team had a game, and I had said that I could come sit on the bench if there were few people turning up. got a text about 2 hours before we were going to meet up, and in the end I turned out to be the only person sitting on the bench. there was one guy who was supposed to come that didn't show up, so I even had the chance of starting but asked to start on the bench. however, I played the entire second half, as right-back, not really my natural position I must say... but it went quite okay, I was not too full of energy though. saved one ball on our own line, but later on managed to hit the ball on one of our defenders and into our goal... and 1-1 :(
we should've won the game much earlier though, had many many clear-cut chances to score but didn't...

still got a bit of my cold going, but it's getting better. should be another day or two and then it's hopefully over. two weeks left of work...

No comments:

Post a Comment