Thursday, September 27, 2007

I don't like to be the center of attention

so a small coffee break was arranged for me today at work. some pastries and just a general gathering of the people I've been working with during my time there. and I must say it was a bit weird to have most of the attention centered around me. I guess I have a sort of love-hate relationship towards attention - I don't mind it, have no problems holding speeches and such, but mostly prefer to stay in the background, do my job and go on with it. as long as the people who are supposed to know know that I'm doing my job, I'm happy with it. no need for any sort of public recognition or any of that kind.

I was even asked to hold a speech, but kindly "delegated" it to my boss. he just briefly said that he'd been very happy with having me there, and that he'd love to have me stay (I did get an offer). that was more than enough for me, and I can only say the same - had it not been for my service, I would've loved to stay.

tomorrow is my last day...

No comments:

Post a Comment